How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake papers and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, sieve the spelt flour and baking powder. Add the rapadura sugar and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the yoghurt, milk, olive oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Pour ¼ cup of the plum syrup into the bowl and stir through to create a swirled look.
- Divide the mixture amongst the cupcake papers. Spoon about a teaspoon of plum syrup onto the top of the muffin batter in each cupcake paper and use a skewer to swirl.
- Place the tin into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a muffin.
- Once baked, transfer to a cooling rack to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Read NextThe Nectar of Gods
By Queen Garnet
Nov 24, 2021