Plum Crumble Bars
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the 100 grams of butter and half cup of rapadura sugar using electric beaters.
- Add the egg and two teaspoons of vanilla extract to the bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the spelt flour and beat until just combined.
- Press the mixture into the base of the slice tin so that it is evenly distributed. Set aside.
- To make the crumble add the spelt flour, rolled oats, rapadura sugar, butter and vanilla to the bowl. Use fingers tips to rub the mixture together, creating a crumble consistency.
- Top the base with the plum jam and spread out evenly. Use fingertips to sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of the jam so that all of the jam is covered with crumble.
- Place the slice tin into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Crumble should be golden brown on top. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin until room temperature. Once room temperature, cut into 12 slices. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Read NextJam Drops
By Queen Garnet
Nov 24, 2021